Agriculture Solar Methods of Irrigation System Power
...water though precious, is one of the scarce resources required for food production in the world. Attention should be taken to utilize this resource efficiently. Selection of an appropriate Agriculture Solar™ powered method of irrigation based on crop and soil type is a prerequisite for efficient utilization of water.
Various Agriculture Solar™ methods of irrigation system are comprehensively discussed below. Characteristics of an efficient Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation, factors affecting the suitability of irrigation method systems and cultural practices for increasing water use efficiency are also highlighted.
Methods of Irrigation is probably one of the oldest technologies around with many different irrigation methods systems been invented. Since the dawn of time humans have always been in search of more efficient and effective ways to deliver adequate water to their crops. Before processed food came into existence growing one's own food was vital and without proper irrigation methods one was reduced to filling buckets of water for the crops manually. This method of crop irrigation is still a popular method today because it is simple and cheap. But what about modern farmers with acres of land to irrigate, what Agriculture Solar™ methods of irrigation seem reasonable?
Modern Agriculture Solar™ Irrigation Methods
With approximately 60% of the earth's fresh water being used to irrigate crops it is not reasonable to assume that all the farmers in the world grab their buckets and do watering of crops. Although that method of irrigation was the lifeline of the farm decades ago it is not only wasteful but also not practical. So let's look to the Agriculture Solar™ methods that modern farmers are using today to ensure that the crops are being maintained. Today with the constantly evolving Agriculture Solar™ technology farmers are no longer slaves to the manual grind of having to carry water.
There are actually two popular Agriculture Solar™ irrigation methods that are being used today. The first is the Agriculture Solar™ drip irrigation method and the other is the Agriculture Solar™ spray irrigation method. Each method has its advantages and with proper customization contribute greatly to the conservation of water through near complete elimination of excessive spillage and water waste.
Proper amounts of irrigation water at appropriate stages and intervals is necessary for crop production. Methods of irrigation requirement depends upon type of crop, season and weather factors, soil type and type of Agriculture Solar™ irrigation system used. With rapid decline in irrigation water and low water use efficiency in conventional methods of irrigation, precision Agriculture Solar™ irrigation methods have recently been introduced.
The success of irrigation depends on the selection of proper Agriculture Solar™ irrigation methods as per the conditions and planning, projecting, establishing and operating the irrigation system necessary for that method. Irrigation methods are divided into two groups. These are surface irrigation and pressure irrigation methods.
• Center-Pivot: is the Agriculture Solar™method of automated sprinkler irrigation achieved by automatically rotating the sprinkler pipe or boom, supplying water to the sprinkler heads or nozzles, in a radius from the center of the field to be irrigated. Water is delivered from the center or pivot point of the system. The pipe is supported above the crop by towers at fixed spacings and propelled by Agriculture Solar™ electric power on wheels or skids in fixed circular paths at uniform angular speeds. Water is applied at a constant rate by progressive increase of nozzle size from the center pivot to the end of the line. The depth of water applied is determined by the rate of travel of the system. Single units are ordinarily about 1,300 feet (400 meters) long and irrigate about a 130 acre (52 hectare) circular area.
The Agriculture Solar™ center-pivot system is an efficient way to irrigate a large field with minimum machinery. This Agriculture Solar™ system is built of many triangular metal frames on wheels that hold the central hose above the field. The hose transports water from an Agriculture Solar™ pump at the center of the system and water is sprayed through sprinklers along the tube. The whole center-pivot structure circulates the field spraying water, with the water source as the center of the circle. The disadvantages of this method traditionally, and other types of traditional spray irrigation, were the use of electric motors needed to help the system roll in a circle. However, Agriculture Solar™ center-pivot system that utilizes off-grid power through solar, wind, and energy storage technology, so that the farmer can effeciently use the center-pivot method of irrigation anywhere that is needed.
• Low Energy Percision Application (LEPA): is the power savings Agriculture Solar™ center pivot system is a more efficient irrigation method than the conventional center pivot system, increasing the irrigation efficiency from about 60% to more than 90%. This rise in effectiveness is also due to the decline in the Agriculture Solar™ electricity usage, but mostly because the water is applied directly onto the crops and not sprayed out into the air. This system also consists of a central hose, but instead of high power sprinklers, pipes hang from the central hose and attached to the bottom of each pipe, close to the ground, is a nozzle that sprays water directly onto the crops. This way, less water is lost through evaporation compared to traditional spray irrigation, more than 90% of the water applied is used by the crop and electric saving is required with an LEPA Agriculture Solar™ center pivot system.
• Drip: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation system in which water is applied directly to the root zone of plants by means of applicators (orifices, emitters, porous tubing, perforated pipe, etc) operated under low pressure with the applicators being placed either on or below the surface of the ground. While Agriculture Solar™ drip irrigation may be the most expensive method of irrigation, it is also the most advanced and efficient method in respect to effective water use.
Usually used to irrigate fruits and vegetables, this Agriculture Solar™ drip method of irrigation system consists of perforated pipes that are placed by rows of crops or buried along their root lines and emit water directly onto the crops that need it. As a result, evaporation is drastically reduced and 25% irrigation water is conserved in comparison to flood irrigation. Agriculture Solar™ drip irrigation also allows the grower to customize an irrigation program most beneficial to each crop.
• Flood: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation water where the entire surface of the soil is covered by ponded water. In flood irrigation, a large amount of water is brought to the field and flows on the ground among the crops. In regions where water is abundant, flood irrigation is the cheapest method of irrigation and this low tech irrigation method is commonly used by societies in developing countries. It is applied only to flat lands that do not concave or slope downhill so that the water can evenly flow to all parts of the field. Yet even so, about 50% of the water is wasted and does not get used by the crops.
• Furrow: is the partial surface flooding Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation normally used with clean-tilled crops where water is applied in furrows or rows of sufficient capacity to contain the designed irrigation method system. Furrow irrigation is actually a method of flood irrigation in which the water poured on the field is directed to flow through narrow channels dug between the rows of crops, instead of distributing the water throughout the whole field evenly. The furrows must all have equal dimensions, in order to guarantee that the water is distributed evenly. Like flood irrigation, furrow irrigation is rather cheap in areas where water is inexpensive.
• Gravity: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation in which the water system is not pumped but flows and is distributed by gravity irrigation system.
• Rotation: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation system by which irrigators receive an allotted quantity of water, not a continuous rate, but at stated intervals.
• Sprinkler: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of planned irrigation system in which water is applied by means of perforated pipes or nozzles operated under pressure so as to form a spray pattern.
• Subirrigation: is applying Agriculture Solar™ method of sub irrigation water below the ground subsurface either by raising the water table within or near the root zone or by using a buried perforated or porous pipe system that discharges directly into the root zone.
• Traveling Gun: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of sprinkler irrigation system consisting of a single large nozzle that rotates and is self-propelled. The name refers to the fact that the base is on wheels and can be moved by the irrigator or affixed to a guide wire. The more modern Agriculture Solar™ spray irrigation in all its various forms, is a more expensive type of irrigation, requiring more complex machinery than flood irrigation, but it utilizes water more efficiently, reducing the amount of water needed to irrigated a field. In Agriculture Solar™ spray irrigation systems, a long hose is set to a water source on one side and on the side reaching the field, water is released through spray guns.
• Supplemental: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation to ensure increased crop production in areas where rainfall normally supplies most of the moisture needed.
• Surface: is the Agriculture Solar™ method of irrigation where the soil surface is used as a conduit, as in furrow and border irrigation as opposed to sprinkler irrigation or subirrigation.
Please call if you would like irrigation system pricing or a more detailed analysis of costs for your particular application.
Pay For Just Power.Have an independent energy power system, but you only buy the power produced. We own and operate the systems for you.
A guaranteed power rate. Yes, you read that right.
No surprises. No rate hikes. No kidding.
You know when you open your gas bill and gasp because your fuel rates suddenly went up?
That won’t happen anymore. With Agriculture Solar's ability to sell you power to purchase, we offer a guaranteed rate - and even better? We lock in those rates for over 20 years. The catch? Well, there is no catch. Really. Here’s all there is to it.
• We buy the system and install it on your land.
• You pay a fee for your power.
• It generates power for you – with rates that are locked in.
• Save immediately on your gas bill.
GET STARTED »